Welcome to Krollner Dental – Dentist Miami QLD
Krollner Dental is a family owned dental surgery in Miami on the Gold Coast and provides dental services for the whole family. We see little patients starting from the age of 2, children, teenagers, as well as their parents and grandparents. We aim to provide good quality dental work at affordable prices to the local community on the Gold Coast – Dentist Miami QLD.
Dr Ximena Krollner and her team of experienced dentists offer a full range of Dental Services:
General Dentistry – Scale and cleans, extractions and dental check ups.
Family Dentistry – Prevention and education for children, teens and their parents.
Cosmetic Dentistry – Crowns and Bridge Work, Veneers, Unbreakable Dentures (Valplast Dentures – Nylon Dentures), Gum Lift, Bonding, Tooth Colour Fillings, Complete Oral Rehabilitation.
Tooth Whitening / Bleaching – We offer in chair tooth whitening and take home tooth whitening kits.
We accept all health funds at Krollner Dental and have a HICAPS machine available for instant claiming with your health fund. We also have preferred provider agreements in place with the following health funds:
By choosing Krollner Dental, you can rest assured that your health is in good hands. The dental practice is accredited with Quality Innovation Performance Limited (QIP) which means that Krollner Dental is adhering to industry regulations and guidelines and is committed to quality improvement, patient safety and quality care.
Our Gold Coast Dental surgery (dentist miami QLD) offers dental services for the whole family.
- Prevention is better than cure. At Krollner Dental in Miami we provide routine dental checkups and cleans to keep your teeth in a healthy state. These thorough cleans remove the build-up of calculus (tartar) from around your teeth, which is very important in keeping your gums healthy.
- If this calculus is not removed and allowed to grow deeper and under your gums, it may give you bleeding gums, bad breath and eventually gum disease that may cause teeth to become loose. Once this gum and bone is lost, there is no way to get it back. A thorough scale and clean from your dentist and improved brushing and oral hygiene will in most cases improve the health of your gums and prevent gum disease
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
- Root canal, or endodontic therapy is initiated to allow you to keep teeth that are otherwise indicated to be extracted. It is required if the nerve tissues inside the tooth are affected from severe decay or a traumatic fracture that exposes the nerve to bacteria. Once the nerve gets infected, the infection may spread and causes other problems such as: facial swelling, severe and throbbing pain, increased sensitivity to temperature changes, severe pain on biting etc.
- Root canal treatment is the removal of the infected nerve tissue and any bacteria that may be present in the root canals. Once all the root canals are cleaned, they are filled and sealed with a rubber-like material called gutta-percha that helps prevent bacteria from re-entering the root canal space.
- Our Gold Coast dentists are well experienced to help diagnose and treat emergency toothache and knocked teeth. Our dental specialists will try and accommodate you and get you out of pain as soon as possible.
- If you or your children are involved in contact sports, it is highly recommended that a mouthguard is made to protect the teeth from unwanted injury. A mouthguard is usually made for the top teeth out of a hard rubber material that helps absorb forces that may otherwise damage the teeth.
SPLINTS FOR TEETH GRINDING
- If you notice that your jaws are sore in the morning, or your partner complains that you grinding your teeth at night, then you may have a condition called bruxism. Bruxism is when you clench or grind your teeth together either during the day or at sleep. This puts strains on the jaw muscles and may also cause your teeth to wear away. Over time, this may cause your teeth to appear shorter as they have been worn away through many days and nights of grinding. It can also cause pain to radiate up to the ear, the temple and even down the neck
- An occlusal splint is made of a hard acrylic that helps prevent the teeth from grinding together. It will correct the grinding habit and gives you and your partner a good night’s sleep.
CHILD DENTAL BENEFITS SCHEDULE
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) started in January 2014 and provides access to benefits for basic dental services for eligible children. The Child Dental Benefits Schedule is paid by Medicare.
The total benefit entitlement is capped at $1,000 per child over a two calendar year period. The CDBS has a means test, which requires receipt of Family Tax Benefit Part A (FTB-A) or a relevant Australian Government payment. You can confirm your child’s eligibility and balance amount by calling Medicare on 132 011.
The CDBS provides individual benefits for a range of services including examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions. Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work and cannot be paid for any services provided in a hospital.
At Krollner Dental we bulk bill eligible Children directly with Medicare so that there will be no out of pocket costs at your dentist visit. Please call (07)55767411 to schedule an appointment.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE CHILD DENTAL BENEFITS SCHEDULE
Your children might be eligible if they are
- Aged between 2-17
- Receive, or their family, guardian or carer receives, certain government benefits such as Family Tax Benefit Part A
- Are eligible for Medicare
To confirm eligibility call Medicare on 132 011
In 2014, benefits for dental treatment are limited to $1,000 per child over 2 consecutive calendar years.
If not all of the $1,000 is used in the first year, the remaining balance can be used in the second year, if your child is still eligible. Any remaining balance will not be carried forward at the end of the second year.
Dental treatment that is covered by the CDBS includes examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions. Not included is orthodontic or cosmetic dental work.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule services will not count towards the Medicare Safety Net threshold.
PROCESS FOR USING THE CHILD DENTAL BENEFITS SCHEDULE
You can confirm your child’s eligibility and balance amount by accessing your Medicare online account at my.gov.au or calling the Medicare general enquiries line on 132 011.
Call Krollner Dental on 07 5576 7411 to make an appointment and let us know that you are eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
At the time of the appointment, we will discuss your child’s treatment and any associated costs with you before providing the services. After this has been discussed, you will need to sign a consent form.
When the dentist has provided the services agreed for your child, we will bulk bill the treatment directly with Medicare (given that you have enough Child Dental Benefit left to cover the full treatment costs).
ABOUT KROLLNER DENTAL
We are a family owned dental surgery in Miami on the Gold Coast and provide dental services for the whole family. We see little patients starting from the age of 2, children, teenagers, as well as their parents and grandparents. We aim to provide good quality dental work at affordable prices to the local community on the Gold Coast (in particular Miami, Burleigh Heads, Burleigh Waters, Mermaid Beach, Mermaid Waters, Varsity Lakes, Robina and surrounding suburbs). Please give as a call on 07 5576 7411 to schedule an appointment with one of our gentle and caring dentists – dentist Miami QLD.
For more information about the Child Dental Benefits Schedule please refer to the following government websites: