We offer dental services for the whole family.
- Prevention is better than cure. At Krollner Dental we provide routine dental checkups and cleans to keep your teeth in a healthy state. These thorough cleans remove the build-up of calculus (tartar) from around your teeth, which is very important in keeping your gums healthy.
- If this calculus is not removed and allowed to grow deeper and under your gums, it may give you bleeding gums, bad breath and eventually gum disease that may cause teeth to become loose. Once this gum and bone is lost, there is no way to get it back. A thorough scale and clean from your dentist and improved brushing and oral hygiene will in most cases improve the health of your gums and prevent gum disease
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
- Root canal, or endodontic therapy is initiated to allow you to keep teeth that are otherwise indicated to be extracted. It is required if the nerve tissues inside the tooth are affected from severe decay or a traumatic fracture that exposes the nerve to bacteria. Once the nerve gets infected, the infection may spread and causes other problems such as: facial swelling, severe and throbbing pain, increased sensitivity to temperature changes, severe pain on biting etc.
- Root canal treatment is the removal of the infected nerve tissue and any bacteria that may be present in the root canals. Once all the root canals are cleaned, they are filled and sealed with a rubber-like material called gutta-percha that helps prevent bacteria from re-entering the root canal space.
- At Krollner Dental, we are well experienced to help diagnose and treat emergency toothache and knocked teeth. Our dentists will try and accommodate you and get you out of pain as soon as possible.
- If you or your children are involved in contact sports, it is highly recommended that a mouthguard is made to protect the teeth from unwanted injury. A mouthguard is usually made for the top teeth out of a hard rubber material that helps absorb forces that may otherwise damage the teeth.
SPLINTS FOR TEETH GRINDING
- If you notice that your jaws are sore in the morning, or your partner complains that you grinding your teeth at night, then you may have a condition called bruxism. Bruxism is when you clench or grind your teeth together either during the day or at sleep. This puts strains on the jaw muscles and may also cause your teeth to wear away. Over time, this may cause your teeth to appear shorter as they have been worn away through many days and nights of grinding. It can also cause pain to radiate up to the ear, the temple and even down the neck
- An occlusal splint is made of a hard acrylic that helps prevent the teeth from grinding together. It will correct the grinding habit and gives you and your partner a good night’s sleep.
We accept all health funds at Krollner Dental and have a HICAPS machine available for instant claiming with your health fund. We also have preferred provider agreements in place with the following health funds:
By choosing Krollner Dental, you can rest assured that your health is in good hands. The dental practice is accredited with Quality Innovation Performance Limited (QIP) which means that Krollner Dental is adhering to industry regulations and guidelines and is committed to quality improvement, patient safety and quality care.